meh meh meh meh meh meh meh meh meh meh meh meh meh.
“And when she broke your heart, did she also crack your spine so you would always fall in her direction?”
The Brain Scoop: Where My Ladies At?
This was an incredibly difficult video for me to write and record. I haven’t been this uncomfortable or nervous about an episode since we decided to launch the Wolf series. I did it because I know my fellow female creators are with me: these comments are not easy to ignore, and they do have a negative impact on our desire to make videos and blaze trails.
Things can be said about women being more sensitive than men, or that men deal with these comments too, or that we should just accept that they’re going to happen.. but if I do, I’ll quit. If I accept that this is just part of the deal, this is what it is and always has been, it’s a requirement of my job to toughen up and barrel through, I won’t be able to continue. The remarks are enough to make me want to throw my hands up and retreat to a tiny cabin in the middle of nowhere. If the compromise is that I need to become desensitized, I would probably just do something else instead.
Let’s not create that kind of environment for our peers. Let’s be supportive, encouraging. Focus on the content, not the presenter. Ignoring the fact that these comments are uncomfortable is dismissive and counter-productive: let’s have less tolerance for both those comments, and the apathetic attitude attached to how they affect our community.
And, please: check out the women in the video description for more fantastic channels to subscribe to.
- No matter how shitty you feel, you are at your best when you’re fighting.
- Take the place of your own heroes, it’s okay and they would be proud (video: be your own hero).
- Don’t get hung up on past heroes, they are gone, remember them for their complexities, their successes,and their fuckups. Nobody is infallible. Martyrdom is not something to aspire to.
- You’ll always have critics but if you listen to them, they’ll have you.
- However, there is no shame in learning from your mistakes. It’s beautiful to grow up and to grow old.
- Don’t waste time with friends you don’t love.
- Don’t fuck with fame vampires.
- Read more than you drink.
- Write more than you smoke. (You’re not an artist if all you do is smoke weed and reblog poetry, you’re just a person who smokes weed and reblogs poetry.)
- Don’t sabotage yourself. There are plenty of people who are happy to do that for you.
- You don’t owe shit to people who don’t make you feel loved.
- Your friends will carry you home and if they don’t, find new friends.
- Do not fuck with dream killers.
- You were probably right the first time.
- Congratulate yourself for surviving regularly. You can still stare into space and say “I’m still here.” and that should be applauded.
- Don’t apologize for protecting yourself.
- Be serious about your pursuits, but there is always some time to also watch Shiba Inu videos and eat chili at 3AM.
- Tell the people you love you love them regularly. You know you’re alive some nights because they love you. That love is the lifeboat in water that drowns.
- Breathe in and out and scream if you want to. Crying is ok too. You don’t need permission and emotions don’t make you weak.
- You’ll be fine.
she walk softly, but she carry a big gun | SCIENTIFIC FACT: 9/10 times men will disappoint you.
lauryn hill doo wop (that thing) | janelle monae ft. erykah badu Q.U.E.E.N. | meredith brooks bitch | laura mvula that’s alright | beyonce grown woman | little mix salute | lee hyori bad girls | charlene kaye ft. kalae nouveau woman up | yo-yo ft. ice cube you can’t play with my yo yo | nicki minaj ft. ciara i’m legit | L7 shove | N.A.R.S. remix ft. azealia banks, missy elliott, m.i.a. bad girls | peaches boys wanna be her | 2NE1 i am the best | christina aguilera ft. lil kim can’t hold us down | queen latifa U.N.I.T.Y. | ice-t big gun | chicago cast cell block tango
UPDATED: i just had to add salute by little mix heheh <3
Hey! Snotty here! This is actually the first the I’ve opened up commissions to the public. I decided to do so to help my people out in the Philippines. I have a cousin from Tacloban who’s thankfully safe, but there are still thousands out there who need a lot of support including her!!
I’m offering single full-body character sketches for $10. I can draw pretty much any type of character: male, female, furry, mecha, nude, clothes, you name it!
All profits from these commissions will be donated to Philippines Red Cross! I can only accept paypal (because that’s all I really know how to use)
Email me at email@example.com if you’re interested! I’ll take whoever emails me before I wake up and check my email. (I guess the first 6 is ok too) The rest will be wait listed ^O^